A blend of Touriga Franca (30%), Touriga Nacional (25%), Tinta Roriz (20%), Sousão (5%) and Mixed Old Vine Blacks (20%), 80% aged for 14 months in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 20% aged in 225 litres used French Oak barrique for 14 months until final blending. 
just bottled the day before the tasting
Sweet and spicy on the nose with cut plum and black cherry fruit aromas along with lots of dusty mineral notes with  pine, balsamic and violet accents. A bit raw and simple in the mouth this shows a touch of plump sweetness on the palate with  soft tannins and  good acids making this an easy going table wine. Friendly and with a touch of savory complexity for a simple, fairly fruity wine this is quite enjoyable and should improve in the bottle. 88pts
Aged in 100% new French oak
Tight, cocoa, cafe au lait and nutty almost almond toned aromas greet the nose along with deep, violet laced plummy fruit. Rather broad shouldered and structured in the mouth with slightly angular tannins and good acidity, this is a bit tight and blocky in the mouth,turning tough and a bit chewy on the modest finish. Inky and a bit anonymous today, this is obviously well made and long but without much detail or nuance. 88pts
A blend of Castelão, Trincadeira, Cabernet Sauvignon, Touriga Nacional, Petit Verdot and Alicante Bouschet that spends 13 months in new French oak.
Spicy with blueberry, juniper, and floral aromas that are framed with inky, smoky, soil tones and a bit of toasted almond. Medium bodied and fresh on the palate with spicy blue fruit and floral inner mouth perfumes, this shows, very finely managed tannins with integrated acids, supporting rather clear blueberry and wild raspberry fruit. Rather elegant and supple in the mouth with good brightness and clarity on the palate and a fresh, fruit driven finish. 88pts
A blend of Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Sousão and mixed old vines
From a property purchased in 2002 with  vines planted from 2002 to 2009 but this is made with an additional 30% of mixed blacks from old vines on  a nearby property they also purchased. This spends 12 months in oak, 20% new 80% used.
Pretty perfumed nose that's inky, floral and plummy with, a touch of integrated oak and a hint of layex VA that yields to some earthy and sour cherry aromas. Round and open if bright on entry, with nice dusty tannins that helps this broaden on the palate. Retaining good transparency and a lot of late palate intensity to the fruit, this gains a stony note on the backend as the fruit turns  bright with pithy accents to the sour plum flavors. there’s a little sweetness here accompanying the pretty fruit on the moderately long finish. 88pts
A blend of Alicante Bouschet (80%), Aragonez (10%) and Touriga Nacional (10%). that spends 16 months in new 500-litre Allier oak barrels
Floral and balsamic in the nose with spicy paprika and tart red fruit over a base of sandalwood and walnutty oxidation. Big, opulent and broad in the mouth with nice early balsamic tones which are followed by an attractive core of red berry, raspberry tinged fruit. Fairly big and powerful and intense on the palate if a bit low on the backend, this shows fine structure and balance and good length though some dry tannins show up on the slightly astringent finish. A lot of wine showing early complexity. 88pts
Cask sample
95% new oak
Oldest vines, over 80 years old, thirty different grape varieties. The wines from the old vineyards are stored in stainless steel for malolactic fermentation and then racked to new French Allier Oak barriques for 20 months. 
Smoky, toasty sweet oak with tons of fall spice and nutmeg on the nose. There’s too much oak here today even if one can sense the elegant wine that remains under it all.  A little tight and dry on entry then dry on the  tight palate with it’s rather refined feel and with lots of dark chocolate and earthy fruit flavors. Finishes with blue fruit and some chewy dried fruit on the finish along with dry dusty tannins. This is simply too oaky today. We’ll have to revist this as a finished wine to see what happens to all the oak here. 85-88pts